Dynamic Brace System
TREATMENT OF IDIOPATHIC SCOLIOSIS
Treatment of Idiopathic Scoliosis
Scoliosis, a lateral curvature of the spine, is considered the most common spinal deformity. In many cases, it can progress in terms of severity and pain. Approximately 500,000 American adults have a diagnosis of scoliosis with a spinal curve measuring over 30°. Scoliosis in adults over 20 years of age actually manifests in childhood or adolescence but is commonly overlooked until it is quite severe.
There are two different types of scoliosis: structural, and postural. Structural scoliosis presents with physical changes to the vertebrae themselves, and it cannot be corrected with a change in posture. Postural scoliosis is a spinal curve typically caused by skeletal changes elsewhere in the body like a leg length discrepancy, and can be corrected with postural changes.
The D.B.S. (Dynamic Brace System) is Meditrac’s patented system used for the treatment of idiopathic juvenile, adolescent, and adult scoliosis. It is used in conjunction with the Vertetrac and adjusts the traction in combination with a horizontal pressure force located on the apex of the curve.
Indications for use:
Treatment with the D.B.S. is indicated if the spinal curvature is between 10-30 degrees with structural changes including rotation, with a curve progression displaying a minimum increase of 5 degrees on two sequential X-rays.
Meditrac recommends using the D.B.S. treatment with a physician’s guidance and under the observation of a specialist.
All Meditrac products are registered with the United States Food and Drug Administration and carry the CE mark Please note that United States Federal law restricts this device to sale (within the United States)by or on the order of physician only.
Meditrac has been audited by the Standards Institution of Israel (SII) and found to comply with the requirements for Medical Devices according to ISO 13485.
ALTERNATIVE TO SURGERY
The unique combination of traction with mobility results in increased blood supply and fluid transfer, facilitating healing
15-30 MINUTE TREATMENTS
Treatment sessions, averaging 15-30 minutes, are significantly shorter than traditional traction treatments
DRUG FREE PAIN RELIEF
Multi-directional traction forces work effectively to reduce pressure on the spine and relieve pain
SAFE AND EFFECTIVE
Contours to your back or neck, easily adjustable to fit your unique needs
TRACTION ON THE MOVE
Exercise and activity during decompression treatment restore overall spinal confidence for a quicker return to physical activity
USE AT HOME
Patients wearing the device can wear it while freely performing ADLs and IADLs
SPEED UP YOUR RECOVERY
Unlike traditional scoliosis braces, the D.B.S is not designed for continuous wearing.
The D.B.S. system takes into account a number of factors, including the physiological age of the patient, the size and location of the curve, and the progress of the curve. The initial treatment with the D.B.S. is the same as with the Vertetrac.
However, the D.B.S. System applies different decompression to patients with sciatic scoliosis. This helps restore a normal upright stance while decreasing muscle spasms, often leading to full recovery.
Noa, Disc Herniation
“After the third, fourth treatment I felt much better. The first time I came I couldn’t even stand for more than 5 minutes and after each treatment you get back home and you feel it, you can walk more, you feel more stretched out, the pain is less.”
Dr. Steve Horowitz, Disc Herniation
“This device saved me! I first bought the Cervico for me, not for my patients, and used it for 10 days in a row and the pain was gone. Now I use it on a regular basis, 2-3 times a week, and I feel great. It is much better than any other traction unit that I have had in my office for 20 years.”
Yaniv Zilberman, Neck Pain
“After a week of treatment with the Cervico device the pain reduced significantly. I’m sleeping very well at night and I’m feeling much better”
Invasive procedures have irreversible results and require hospitalization and subsequent rehabilitation. The D.B.S treatment process is shorter, non-invasive, and with no known negative side-effects.
Treatment of Idiopathic Scoliosis
The D.B.S. (Dynamic Brace System) is a patented system used for the treatment of idiopathic juvenile, adolescent, and adult scoliosis.
The treatment of idiopathic scoliosis is dependent upon a number of factors, including the physiological age of the patient, the size and location of the curve, and the progression of the curve. The recommended treatment using the D.B.S. varies accordingly.
Treatment Indicating Criteria:
- According to D.B.S. guideline, curves of less than 10° are not considered idiopathic scoliosis.
- The use of the D.B.S. for the treatment of curves measuring less than 20° is indicated only when the patient suffers from consistent low back pain. In these cases, treatment is recommended once a day for 30 minutes, until the elimination of pain (about 15-20 treatments). An X-ray should be taken six months after the end of the treatment to ensure that the curve has not progressed.
- For curves of 20°-30° in children who have no pain or other complaints, the recommended treatment with the D.B.S. is 2-3 times per day until maturity of the spine is reached. For those children who do report pain, treatment with the D.B.S. 3 times per day is recommended until there is no further complaint of pain or until spinal maturity is reached. For adults who report pain, single daily treatments with the D.B.S. are recommended. Adults with curves measuring 20°-30° who do not report pain are not indicated for treatment with the D.B.S.
- Patients should continue to receive treatments once a day for 2-3 years to prevent regression.
- Patients with curves of 30°-40° should begin treatment with the D.B.S. immediately. Treatment sessions are 30 minutes’ duration, 3 times per day, until maturity of the spine is reached. Patients should continue to receive treatment 1-2 times per day for an additional 6 months, and once a day for 2-3 additional years.
- In patients with curvatures above 40 degrees, D.B.S. treatment is contraindicated. Surgery is recommended.
- In all cases, Meditrac recommends X-ray imaging every 3 months to monitor the progress of treatment. If the curve progresses more than 5° at any point, the patient should immediately increase to three, 30 minute treatments per day for 3 months. At the end of this time another X-ray should be taken, and if another curve progression measuring greater than 5° is seen, the administering medical professional should immediately re-evaluate the case.
- When treating with the Vertetrac and the D.B.S., decompression forces should be administered to the highest tolerance of the patient.
Contact us to learn more. Schedule a call >>
PARTNER WITH US
Contact us to learn more about our products and discover the advantages of partnering with us to provide your patients with the most advanced and efficient care
GET EXPERT ADVICE
Contact us today and join the thousands of patients who have successfully recovered from chronic or acute back or neck pain without medication or surgery